The Benefits of eLearning
Take a look at our top reasons why eLearning works:
- It ensures you are in sync with modern learners – delivering the type of content they want, when they want it.
- eLearning reduces time away from the workplace. Generally a one day facilitator-led training intervention can be done in one hour of eLearning.
- Learners set their own pace, rather than learning at the pace of the group.
- Learners can focus on elements of a programme they need to learn and can skip what they already know.
- A study by the Open University found that on average, the production and provision of distance learning courses consumed nearly 90 percent less energy and produced 85 percent fewer CO2 emissions per student than conventional campus-based university courses.
- Using eLearning ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent manner, this results in all learners receiving the same training.
- The human brain has a preference for images, which is why they are used extensively in many eLearning courses as opposed to extensive amounts of text, which is typically used in classroom training
- Content is easily supplemented with interactions and gamification, which lends itself to a more enjoyable learning experience.
- Web-based products allow instructors to update lessons and materials across the entire network instantly. This keeps content fresh and consistent and gives students immediate access to the most current data.